Hyundai with an updated Verna Fluidic in 2014
– Aniket Pawar
Hyundai is out with yet another vehicle, a class apart in its category, the Fluidic Verna. The Koreans have indeed done a good job of blending the old and blunt looking Verna into the fluidic design philosophy. The new Verna is available in six petrol variants and seven diesel variants. It is undoubtedly a treat for the customers.
- Equipped with 1.6 litre diesel, 4 – cylinder engine
- 4 speed automatic transmission gearbox
- With a torque of 260 N-m, it churns out 128 Ps
- Attains a speed of 0 – 100 kmph in a meager 10.7 seconds
- Hyundai is claiming that Verna gives an average of 19.08 kmpl
- Front side is equipped with McPhersons strut
- Rear wheels are provided with torsional beam bar
The suspensions of the new Verna have been modified very well but it still cannot be compared to the Linea or the Fiesta. But definitely, the ride has become a less bouncy one as compared to its predecessor. The handling dynamics has also improved which is accompanied by a power assisted rack and pinion type steering mechanism.
- Beige plush leather upholstery with a hint of black, blends perfectly
- Rear arm rest has been provided along with a sliding front arm rest
- 2 DIN audio system with steering mounted controls provides an ease of operation for the driver
- Dual toned dash board accompanied by a cooled glove box
- Bluetooth, USB port and iPod cable also provided
- The blue backlight illumination gives the perfect touch of elegance
The New Hyundai Verna Fluidic is a perfect blend of technology and elegance. It’s a definite treat to the owner in terms of comfort as well. Sufficient leg room space is provided by the designers of this vehicle.
- The fluidic sculpture gives the vehicle a very beautiful touch
- The face looks sharp and eager
- The L-shaped fog lights give a good finishing to the car
- The Verna has been given a very sporty look which is indeed a family treat
- The tail lights are very smartly fanned out
- The LED DRL’s (Daytime Running Lights) attracts quite attention
- The new Verna is quite spacious in terms of legroom, headroom and knee room
- A smart key has been provided with a start button
- Collapsible steering column in case of an accident
- All four wheels have been equipped with the ABS technology
- Rear parking assist with electro-chromic mirror
- Headlights switch on automatically when they enter a dark surrounding
- The biggest drawback is that the curtain air bags have been completely removed from all the models; only two air bags are provided at the front
- The base model starts at Rs. 7.4 lakhs
- Top end model will cost around Rs.11.7 lakhs
The all new Verna is definitely a win – win deal for the customer. Verna is loaded with features, It has a perfect blend of technology coupled with elegance, an ideal family car. Well this car has a unique touch to it, where people have their own perspective to this car. Some people like the headlights which pop out while others don’t.
Considering the price range, this car has several competitors in the sedan market, the Honda City being it’s main rival. Honda had recently launched newer versions of the City which are available in both variants petrol as well as diesel.